Do you find that time, in general, seems to be accelerating? Do you sometimes feel like your life is flying by and you have no control over the pace and swirl? If so, there is one verb upon which you must focus, at least briefly, every day. You must unplug. Simple and obvious, you say? Perhaps, but it is easier said than done. But if you embrace these simple suggestions, you will be embarking on a journey of self-discovery that will lower your blood pressure, calm your nerves and inch you ever closer to inner peace.
- Find a park bench, sit and simply observe life.
- Lie in a hammock and stare at the stars.
- Bob in the ocean or float in a lake.
- Go for a walk with no destination in mind.
- Read a book in complete silence.
- Take a nap in the sun.
- Take a bath by candlelight.
- Sleep until you cannot sleep no more.
- Watch Swedish cinema
- Daydream about beautiful things in vivid detail
(From the writings of Michael Flocker)