We're upcycling tights for charity! The Hēdoïne Team is taking part in the #TwoPointSixChallenge - a challenge set up to assist charities who are struggling due to fundraising events being postponed or canceled because of COVID-19.
The Prince's Trust does incredible work supporting disadvantaged youths in the UK to find jobs, access education and undergo training. Our challenge will support their Young People Relief Fund, where youth workers and mentors help young people to set up at-home learning, re-skill for new areas of employment, and provide free resources and practical support.
The #TwoPointSixChallenge requires you to set yourself a challenge that incorporates a 2 and a 6 in some way, so...
Our Challenge: How To Upcycle Tights in 26 Ways
Every Hero wears tights, so the tight-wearing Hēdoïne Team has upcycled our pre-loved tights in 26 ways. Great for the #TwoPointSixChallenge - great for the environment. Here are the ways we've upcycled our tights...
1. Keep your plants upright
2. Use old tights as a stretching band
3. Make a lavender pouch to deter moths from your clothes
4. Make homemade oat milk
5. Find lost jewellery in bedding/ shaggy rugs
6. Clean your blinds
7. Use old tights as a delicates bag (not that these look very delicate, but you get the gist)
8. Garlic storage (also works well for onions)
9. Yoga mat storage
10. Make bath soaks from old tights with oats, magnesium & mint
11. Use old tights as hair ties
12. We discovered our waistband makes a comfortable eye mask...
13. And a pot plant cover...
14. And a makeshift face mask
15. And a neck warmer
16. Old tights can patch up a tear in your jeans in winter
17. Water bottle sling
18. DIY Headband
19. Easy hair removal from your brush
20. As a dog lead (kidding - we just wanted to get a shot of one our dogs in)
21. A seed-free lemon squeeze
22. Make a top
23. Or a bandeau top
24. Use old tights for your bookmark
25. Get heatless curls (leave them overnight for the best results)
26. Keep your cables together
Our challenge is to upcycle our pre-loved tights, your challenge is to get involved. Help us share and fundraise by visiting our JustGiving page where all donations will go directly to The Prince's Trust.